Our breed of duck a white Pekin duck, because we live so close to Roaring Water bay, the salt air effects adds a salt marsh flavour to our meat. Our duck is succulent, tender and has a high meat yield. The fat to meat ratio is very low, which is something we are proud of!
Once you remove the fat from the duck breast it has less calories than a chicken breast and basted turkey meat –per 100g;
- a skinless duck breast has 92kcal and 1.3g of fat
- Chicken has 120kcal and 3.2g fat
They are fed on a corn based feed, with no additives.
Our goal :
At Skeaghanore we like to keep it simple!
We make great Irish food that tastes delicious. We create the highest quality products which can be sourced from farm to fork. We would like to share and provide your family with the most succulent and delicious Duck, Geese and Chicken that our family has been enjoying for years.
Orders submitted will be dispatched Wednesday and Thursday. Orders made after 9am Thursday will be dispatched on the following Week. All our products are vacuum packed and packed with Chilled Boxes to ensure maximum freshness.
Shipping and Delivery Costs
Northern Ireland delivery available.
Deliveries are sent on next day delivery with ‘UPS’. Please ensure that the delivery address, Post code and phone number is correct when filling out the delivery details.
Northern Ireland: 12.00
ORDERS FOR DELIVERY CHRISTMAS WEEK
You are welcome to place an order for your Christmas duck, goose or chicken and leave a note or comment in the box provided saying when you want it delivered. EXAMPLE please deliver as close to Christmas as possible.
We aim to start sending out all Christmas deliveries on the 21st of December. Products will be sent out in insulated boxes with plenty of ice to keep them as fresh as possible. Deliveries completed by UPS.
- Remove the duck legs from the packaging
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Place on a Pyrex dish, meat side down
- Use some kitchen paper to pat dry the skin
- Lightly score the fat with a knife – making sure you don’t go through to the meat
- Season with salt and pepper or desired flavours
- Cook for 90 minutes, to ensure even cooking, turn the dish once half way through
- Remove the legs from dish and let rest for 10 minutes before enjoying
- Ensuring the product is cooked the whole way through
- Remove the duck breast from its packaging
- Preheat your oven to 200
- Pat the skin of the breast dry and season with salt and pepper
- Score the duck fat ensuring you do not reach the meat
- Place the breast fat side down on a cold pan and cook for about 7 minutes or until golden brown (no need for oil on the pan – the duck fat has enough fat so it does not stick)
- Once golden brown, turn the breast over and continue to cook for about 30 seconds
- Place the breast on a Pyrex dish, and finish in the oven until desired temperature
- Rare - 8 minutes
- Medium – 13 minutes
- Well done – 16 minutes
- Once the breast is cooked, leave to rest for 5 to 10 minutes and serve
- Cooking time 15 minutes, Serving: 1 person
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees
- Remove the wings from the packaging
- Add salt and pepper to the wings and any flavour that you desire
- Cooked in the oven for 1 hours – turning the wings twice with a slotted spoon through this time so they do not stick
- Turn the oven up to 180 for last 30 minutes to give the wings a crispy finish
- Once cooked remove from dish, drain and serve
- Cooking time: 1 hours 30 minutes
- Important to cook as described above first (This ensures that the meat will be tender and falling off of the bone)
- Add to medium heat on BBQ for 5-10 minutes to finish
- You are ordering a goose and only paying a deposit. Full price will be between 50-80 euro depending on the size
- We will call you back in early December to confirm size pay the rest of the balance.
- Both nationwide delivery and pick up on farm is available. (Please chose local pick up as a delivery option we can take payment for nationwide delivery with the final payment)
- Please include address and contact details in the comments box.